Apparently yesterday marked Chuck Norris' 75th birthday (a fact that makes me feel old, right there . . . ) I was amused to see the London Telegraph getting in on the act with 'The 20 best Chuck Norris facts'.
In 2005, a series of jokes starting circulating online, possibly inspired by the American comedian and broadcaster Conan O'Brien. Deliberately absurd, and focussing on Norris's virility, manliness and all-round heroism, a typical "Chuck Norris fact" runs like this: "Chuck Norris has never won an Academy Award for acting... because he's not acting." Or: "Chuck Norris can divide by zero."
The popularity of "Chuck Norris facts" mushroomed and today a Twitter account (@chuck_facts) dedicated to providing fans with a stream of facts has 270,000 followers. Norris himself has admitted to finding the jokes amusing and said that his favourite "Chuck Norris fact" is: "They wanted to put Chuck Norris's face on Mount Rushmore, but the granite wasn't hard enough for his beard."
. . .
So without further ado, I'd better get on and pick some of the best "Chuck Norris facts" – before a roundhouse kick greets me on the way out of the office.
3) The easiest way to determine Chuck Norris's age is to cut him in half and count the rings. (Norris commented: "Three years ago, at the end of a Nightline interview, ABC host Bill Weir asked me my age and I told him 66. Then I added with a smile, 'I like to say I'm 39, with 27 years of experience.'")
4) Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.
6) Chuck Norris knows Victoria's secret.
7) If Chuck Norris was a Spartan in the movie 300, the movie would be called 1.
11) Chuck Norris once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants today are known as giraffes.
13) Chuck Norris can delete the Recycling Bin.
14) Chuck Norris has already been to Mars. That's why there are no signs of life.
There's more at the link. Good for a giggle.