Wednesday, March 4, 2015

"35 hilariously bad Kindle book covers"


That's the title of a photo essay in the Telegraph.  Here are a few examples to whet your appetite.  Click on each cover to go to its page on Amazon.com and read more about it.  Some of the plot outlines are even worse than the covers!








There are many more at the link.  Search Amazon's Kindle store for their titles to learn more about them.  You can also find more hysterically bad covers at Kindle Cover Disasters.  It's worth bookmarking the site and going back from time to time for a good laugh.

I laughed out loud at some of them.  One in particular had me chuckling, because the title was so over-the-top I found it almost depressingly hilarious.  I'm not going to link to it, because it's not safe for work;  but it was called 'Now That I'm A Ghost I'm Gay'.  I'd have thought that death would be about as un-gay an experience as one could have, but clearly, what do I know?




Peter

2 comments:

Rich S. said...

So, so true. I've turned away from kindle books that might have been great, simply because I didn't trust the cover.

But, sometimes a horrendous cover hides a thoroughly enjoyable book. As an excellent example, you should look up "Magic, Mensa & Mayhem" by Karina Fabian. I never would have considered it, except that it was recommended in a blog post by, IIRC, Sara Hoyt.

I should re-read it. Maybe I'll buy "Unholy Cows" to finish off the day ...

Anonymous said...

If you read the descriptions I think you'll find that the books are no better than their covers.

Antibubba