Sunday, May 11, 2008

Doofus Of The Day #22

Here's a hint.

When you arrange a barbecue in your apartment, on the balcony, it's a good idea not to have a brainfart when the coals don't co-operate.

A man barbecued his own car by mistake following a mishap at a grill party in southern Germany, police said today.

The 37-year-old poured a beaker of petrol onto the smouldering charcoal of his balcony grill in order to coax it into life, prompting a tongue of flame to shoot out.

A friend standing next to him panicked and dropped the canister containing the petrol, causing it to ignite and spill on to the man's car parked below.

The car went up up flames. Two other vehicles were damaged in yesterday evening's blaze, which police said caused no injuries but more than 30,000 euros worth of damage.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he might be related to homer Simpson.