Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Book news


It's been a frantically busy few weeks, but progress is being made.

First, the (minor) corrections I promised to "The Stones of Silence" have been made and published.




Everyone who has bought the e-book so far should have it automatically updated the next time they sync their Kindle items, provided that they have their Automatic Book Updates setting enabled.  The corrections will be incorporated in the print edition, which is almost ready for publication - I'm just waiting on the cover.  So far, it's been well received, with 35 reviews and an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.  Thank you very much to everyone who's put up a review;  and, if you've read it but not reviewed it, please do so.  It's a very big help to independent authors like me.

The second volume in the "Cochrane's Company" trilogy, "An Airless Storm", is scheduled for publication in e-book format on Monday, June 11th, next week.




I finished the final revisions to the manuscript today, and am now preparing it for upload.  I hope you enjoy it!  The third book in the trilogy, "The Pride of the Damned", is scheduled for publication on Monday, July 9th.  I hope to have all three print editions out by the beginning of August, God willing.

I've just started work on the third volume of the Ames Archives, "Gold on the Hoof".  I hope to have it ready by the end of August, although publication date will depend on Castalia House, my publishers for that series.  As soon as it's gone off to them, I'll tackle the third and final volume of the Laredo War trilogy, "Knife to the Hilt".  I hope to have that ready by late November or early December, if nothing happens to delay it (like having more toenails pulled off!  OW!).

It's been an incredibly busy year so far, and the second half of 2018 doesn't look any more relaxed.  Oh, well . . . that's how I make my living, so I may as well get used to it!

Peter

4 comments:

Steve Sky said...

I thank you very much for the "Gold on the Hoof". I've read both Ames books many times, and appreciate how well told the story is.

Old NFO said...

Woo hoo! :-)

Javahead said...

Good news, all. Will there be preorders for AAS?

JRebel said...

I was hoping to see Maxwell really get into pirate hunting once he was given an independent command. I do however love how you write the space combat scenes.