Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Not a bad attitude towards money, IMHO


From Pearls Before Swine yesterday (click the image to be taken to a larger view at the comic's Web site):




I approve.  I've met a number of fairly wealthy people in my time, some during my business career, others as a pastor or chaplain.  The one trait most of them had in common was that they didn't own their money . . . their money owned them.  They spent so much time worrying about how to keep it, and how to make more, that they forgot to sit back, relax, and enjoy what they had.

I don't ever want to be like that.

Peter

4 comments:

Nate Winchester said...

Heh. Nice.

Brings to mind a classic Calvin & Hobbes.

No wonder Watterson ended up collaborating with Stephan.

Old NFO said...

There are some that don't worry all that much, and actually 'enjoy' life.

Unknown said...

I'll throw in a 6 pack of good beer to go with the pizza, couch, and puppy. I really don't need all that much.

J.D. Brown

Unknown said...

It reminds me of the classic Two Ronnies sketch - 'If I was as rich as Rockafeller, I'd be richer than Rockafeller.'.
'How's that?'.
'I'd clean windows on the side'.