Friday, August 28, 2020

Some remarkable landscape photography


I've always liked good landscape art, whether paintings or photographs.  Perhaps it comes from growing up in South Africa, where nature is very lovely and offers almost infinite variety.

I was struck by this photograph on Gab the other day.  It's by photographer Kevin McNeal, taken in the Arches National Park in Utah.  Click the image for a larger view.




Intrigued, I found the photographer's Web site. It's full of lovely images taken all over the country. I picked a few examples to illustrate his work. Click each for a slightly larger view.








I'd love to get a couple of those images with a "Paint" or "Art" filter applied, to make them look like a landscape painting.

If you like landscapes too, go spend a while browsing through Mr. McNeal's online archives.  I think you'll like his work.

Peter

1 comment:

John in Indy said...

For beautiful landscapes in this style, look at Albert Birestadt, the "Western Mountains school" of artists, or the Hudson River School" a generation earlier.
Amazing works. I have framed matted prints of decent quality bought from the New York Graphics Society at their website.
John in Indy