Sunday, July 29, 2012

Light blogging tonight


I'm feeling very tired, but also rather triumphant.  I've just finished a 135,000-word military sci-fi manuscript, of which about half is new work and the other half revised older work.  It's taken me five weeks of flat-out hard work, but it's been worth it.  I think the elements that have been incorporated into this MS will lead directly into the next three books in the series.

Now comes the fun part of sharing the MS with alpha and beta readers, correcting errors, polishing language, fine-tuning characterizations, and getting it ready to go.  In the meantime, I've already begun work on revising the second book in the series.  I wrote it some time ago, but it'll change radically with the new elements I've brought into play, so it'll take another couple of months to get into shape.  Hard work, but I'm enjoying the renewed creativity after a long dry spell.

I'll put up more blog posts early tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, please amuse yourselves in the archives, or at some of the other blogs linked in the sidebar.

Sleep well, y'all.

Peter

5 comments:

Guncrazy said...

Is this where I apply to proofread?

Peter said...

If you're interested, drop me an e-mail (address is in my blog profile). I specifically need alpha and beta readers with military experience and military sci-fi reading background. If you think you fit the bill, let's talk!

Anonymous said...

Darn, and I thought getting half-way through a projected 100,000 worder was cause for a hearty "whee!" Congrats, sir.

LittleRed1

Scott said...

Cool!

Congrats on getting it 'done'!

MrGarabaldi said...

I am excited, I read your original "Tom" story last year. I have been awaiting the continuation of this story.

Thanks!!