Thursday, February 14, 2013

BRILLIANT!!!


I've long enjoyed the acerbic wit of author Michael Z. Williamson.  His latest blog post surpasses even his usual high standards in cutting commentary, and skewers just about every sacred cow out there.  He calls it 'The Post in Which I Piss Off EVERYBODY'.  Mike mounts an indescribably brilliant defense of our right to keep and bear arms by turning liberals' arguments back against them.  Here's a short excerpt to whet your appetite (I've added links to references that overseas readers may not understand).

I've been told I can't be trusted.  How can anyone know I won't go on a shooting spree, because I own an "assault rifle"?

So much for liberal tolerance.

I didn't realize I was so evil and hateful an individual I deserved to be treated in such fashion.

But when I look at the arguments, I think they may be correct:

"At the time the Constitution was written, the weapons in question were muskets."

You know what?  You're right.  And marriage was between one man and one woman.  So what's with gay marriage?  No longer will I offer any moral support, oppose any online statements attacking it, speak out for it.  They have the same right as anyone—to marry someone of the opposite gender.  And given that all gays support raping little boys (just like all gun owners support shooting school kids), I don't think I can support them.  We should do things just the way they were done 220 years ago.  That's the liberal way.

"The Heller Decision was by an activist court.  It doesn't count."

Indeed.  Just like Roe v Wade was an activist decision.  It doesn't count.

There's more at the link.  You really should head over to his place, to read the whole thing.  It's worth it.

Congratulations and thank you, Mike.  Wonderful stuff!





Peter

4 comments:

trailbee said...

My personal choice for Valentine's Day! Thank you, thank you! What a great post. Glad you cross-posted it.

Donald Sensing said...

Genius!

BTW, Peter, I met one of your countrymen today, named Pieter, who is a Methodist minister in Hickman county, a former soldier who fought five years in the troubles there.

If you would like me to send you his contact info, drop me a phone call or email.

Regards,

Don

Billll said...

In 1780, homosexuality was as close to a capital offense as not to matter although some argued the sentences were overly harsh.
http://rictornorton.co.uk/eighteen/1780burk.htm

skreidle said...

I just fervently wish that, in today's polarized political climate, I didn't have choose between (to use these examples) "Pro-gun, anti-gay-rights conservative/Republican" or "Anti-gun, pro-gay-rights liberal/Democrat". Is it too much ask for a moderate who supports gun rights *and* gay rights?