Friday, February 15, 2013

Travel update


Miss D. and I are in Dayton, Ohio tonight, visiting family.  We'll also be spending some time at one of our favorite geek/aviation/gee-whiz destinations, the National Museum of the US Air Force.  I've visited it twice before, and haven't yet seen more than half of what's available.  It's the sort of place where one should plan to spend a couple of eight-hour days, or (to avoid overload) double that number of half-days.  There's an awful lot to see there.

It's the small hours of the morning here, and my back won't let me sleep any longer, so I'll put up a few posts to keep you amused.  More when I find the time to get back to my keyboard.

Peter

5 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Enjoy the museum...and look for Ed Rasimus' hat at the Robin Olds exhibit.

Carteach said...

I have spent many hours in the museum, it being a perfect leg stretching point on a route I traveled often in a former life.

An amazing place, staffed by incredible people.

Rev. Paul said...

Sounds like fun ... enjoy!

Retired Mustang said...

Haven't had the opportunity to go there, yet. I have visited the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, FL and it is amazing! I'm sure the National Museum of the US Air Force is (almost) just as good (I'm a Navy guy so I might be just a little biased).

LCB said...

Hope you enjoyed your visit to our area. I work in Dayton, live south of there.

The USAF Museum is the gem of the area as far a museums go. That includes the Cincy area. And best of all...it's mostly FREE!!!