A tip o' the hat to an anonymous reader for forwarding the link to today's award, which goes to a couple in Florida.
A Florida couple transporting a propane barbecue grill inside their SUV was injured Sunday after a woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion.
The grill was turned on and the propane tank was open in the back of the red Kia Sorento when the couple left a barbecue at the Central Florida Fairgrounds, Orlando police Lt. Cindy Lane told the Orlando Sentinel.
After the explosion, the vehicle kept traveling until it crashed into a pole, according to Lane.
There's more at the link.
Let's see . . . roof ripped open and blown upward . . . windscreen blown out . . . I'd say they're lucky to be alive! Why the hell didn't someone check to see that the gas was both switched off, and disconnected, before they loaded the grill?