Friday, May 31, 2019

Book updates


As most readers will know, my problems with kidney stones caused a hiatus in my writing for several months while I battled with increased pain levels, disrupted sleep, and all that goes with it.  It wasn't a happy time.  However, now that I've found something that appears to control my kidney stone problem, things are looking up, and I'm hard at work once more.  In fact, so far this week, I've written more than 20,000 words.

I'm working on four books right now, two as a short-term priority and two in the medium term.

  1. The third Western novel in the Ames Archives series will be titled "Gold on the Hoof".  It's more than halfway finished, and flowing nicely.  Completion is expected by the end of June, with publication in mid- to late July, if I can get all my ducks in a row.
  2. The sixth Steve Maxwell novel, as yet unnamed, is more than a third complete, and also making progress.  Completion is expected by late July, with publication sometime in August, God willing.
  3. The third and final volume of the Laredo Trilogy, "Knife to the Hilt" is pending.  The basic plot has been worked out, and it awaits time and energy to write it.  I hope to get it done this year.
  4. My promised book on emergency preparations and surviving crises of various kinds is also pending.  I'm assembling materials, both from previous blog articles and other sources, particularly relating to disasters I've personally experienced.  I hope it, too, will be out this year.

Finally, there's a very exciting collaborative novel about to get under way with a well-known author.  I won't post details yet;  I'll leave it to him to announce it first.  The contracts have been signed, and we hope to get started in July.  It'll have to be quick work, because of publication deadlines, so it may delay work on 3 or 4 above;  but I'll try to keep them going as well.

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now.  Watch this space for more details!

Peter

9 comments:

D.J. Schreffler said...

Definitely looking forward to the further adventures of Walter Ames. How is Maxwell's Mystery book?

Silent Draco said...

Very glad to hear that you're feeling better. The periodic prayers must be working. Looking forward to another part of the Ames Archives. Have you given any thought to additional books on Cochrane's Company or related ideas in that universe?

Rev. Paul said...

That's exciting news, all 'round. :)

Kevin said...

I was wondering why no new book updates, sorry to hear about your health. Glad your better. I tried to reread the western but only had audiobooks? Will they be released too. As always a big fan

Peter said...

@Kevin: The print editions are available, too. New e-book editions will go up soon.

Kevin said...

Thanks, been reading with no new books and my other authors taken longer to, some sick like you ( NC Reed and Mackey Chandler), or books a becoming longer as series goes like Ten Realms. You four keep trading places in my top ten. I loved your last trilogy and cant wait to read your western again with the third book.

Kevin said...

I also have a question? I had one other say no, but reading your blog you follow kindle. Do you get money on kindle unlimited on rereads

Peter said...

@Kevin: Not on re-reads; the first read only.

mr job said...

Nr. 3 is the one i look most forward to. Take your time so it will be as good as the previous ones.