Thursday, December 15, 2022

A Bollywood werewolf horror comedy? Say it ain't so!

 

Regular readers will recall our several series of Bollywood fight scenes over the years.  Here's the trailer for a new film that involves a werewolf, horror, and humor, all garnished with Hindi pop music and Bollywood over-the-top special effects.  It might actually be fun.




It won't be released in the USA, of course, but I might look for the full-length show on streaming video or DVD.  I don't watch horror, but the humor in this one offsets that (at least, it sounds like it).

Peter


4 comments:

1chota said...

I gave up on movies several years ago. I will not contribute to their vile behavior.

kamas716 said...

That looks hi-larious! Right up there with Sean of the Dean

Magson said...

The Bollywood film marketed as "India's 1st horror-comedy" is titled "Stree" (it means "woman") and is from 2018, so not old at all. It's very light-hearted and much more funny than anything else. The ghost looks much like the mummy from the Rachel Weiss/Brendan Frasier film and is the most "gruesome" thing in it. A few years back a friend of mine asked me if I could suggest something "barely scary" for him to watch at Halloween and I pointed him at this film and he watched it and later told me that he loved it and it was the perfect level of "not really scary, just funny" that he liked.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8108202/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Magson said...

And in looking up more info about it... this movie appears to be a spin-off of Stree and has some guest appearances by the cast of that film reprising their same characters. I will definitely be looking in to seeing this one once it's on Netflix or something.