Monday, December 12, 2022

Two icy images with warm fuzzy effects

 

I came across both these images from Gab user "laylaloo" recently.  She has some interesting art and photographs on her site.

First, here's an ice cone at Helmcken Falls in British Columbia, Canada.  Click the image for a larger view.



According to Wikipedia:


Most tourists see Helmcken Falls in summer. A winter visit is worthwhile because the ice cone at the base often grows to 50 m tall and sometimes even higher in very cold snowy winters. It has occasionally been seen reaching halfway up the falls. The best time to view the ice cone is from late January to the end of February. The cone collapses inward sometime during March and some remnants are still visible in June.


Next, here's one that's just cute.



Both images cheered up my day.  I hope they did yours, too.

Peter


3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nopity nope...TOO cold for me!

JaimeInTexas said...

Are those places North of I-10? Too far North. Looks pretty in pictures, though.

Jonathan H said...

Hehe, I'm the opposite; I don't like going south of I-10.