Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas hiatus

 

Miss D. and I are both still recovering from the dreaded lurgy, a.k.a. crud, that's going around at the moment:  and most of the North Texas Troublemakers are down with it as well, so much so that we've postponed our Christmas get-together until next weekend, in the hope that people will be over it by then.

I'm going to take advantage of the situation to have a "down-time" weekend, relaxing and not doing anything much except drinking lots of liquid (in the name of hydration rather than inebriation!) and relaxing.  Regular blogging will resume on Monday.

A blessed Christmas to all of my readers.

Peter


11 comments:

Maniac said...

My brother's getting over the 19 now and I may be celebrating the holiday at his place. Prayers for us all.

Uncle Lar said...

As an adult I came to find out that true holidays are not calendar driven but are whenever those you care about are able to gather and share the experience. And that while you cannot choose your relatives you can damn well choose your family.
Peter, wishing you and Dorothy a truly joyous holiday season and many long years of the same to come.

John Fisher said...

Peter,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Dorothy! Get well soon.

wolfplus3 said...

A very Blessed Christmas to you as well Peter!
I have always enjoyed your posts, hope you're feeling
better soon!
Allen

??? said...

Merry Christmas Peter..... you're not the only blogger I read but you are my favorite.

chipmunk said...

Y'all get well soon. Have a peaceful and blessed Christmas and New Year.

Old NFO said...

Yep, we've all got it... Next week will be soon enough!

FeralFerret said...

All of you get well soon!

Rev. Paul said...

May you all recover swiftly and come out shining, on the other side. Merry & Joyous Christmas to one and all!

Wildgoose said...

I always think of Richmal Crompton's "Just William" stories whenever I encounter the phrase "the dreaded lurgy".

Get well soon and Merry Christmas!

SLee said...

The holidays are not a date, but when you and those you love get together.

Merry Christmas to you and Miss D! Rest and get well soon!