Sunday, July 30, 2023

Sunday morning music

 

Today I'd like to highlight just one song, by one performer, in two versions.

Ayron Jones has been performing and recording for close on twenty years.  He's particularly talented on guitar, and influenced by genres such as grunge, rock, hip-hop and soul.  I first heard of him through the 357 Magnum blog, and was intrigued to listen to his undeniable skills on the strings.  As a rock guitarist, he shines.  I don't enjoy most of his music, coming as I do from a very different background, but I salute his virtuosity, and a few of his tracks stand out.

I'd like to highlight his song "Blood In The Water" this morning, to illustrate his guitar technique.  First, here's the original electronic version.




And here's an "unplugged" acoustic guitar version.




There's some very interesting instrumentation there.

You'll find more of his music on his YouTube channel and at his Web site.  Most of it isn't to my (somewhat old-school) taste, because grunge and hip-hop are a long way outside my wheelhouse, but full marks to him for persevering and building a solo career based on real talent.  As the performances above illustrate, he deserves his success.

Peter


1 comment:

wendyworn said...

good choice! I would have a hard time picking which one is better. Both versions are really good in their own right.