Monday, July 22, 2013

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!


Color me happy!  Less than a week after launching the second novel in my science fiction series, I'm delighted to find that it's moved right up Amazon's "Hot New Releases" lists in my three genres in the Kindle Store.  It's already doing better than my first novel - which did pretty well in its own right, and is still selling well.

As of ten minutes ago, in Space Opera Science Fiction:




In Military Science Fiction:




And across all genres of Science Fiction:




Yes, that's third, fifth and ninth positions respectively - top ten ranking in all three lists, after less than a week on the market!!!  The lists change from hour to hour, of course, so my book will move up and down them depending on recent purchases;  but making it that high at all, even if it lasts only a short time, is a very satisfying achievement in itself.

Thank you all very, very much for your support.  You've helped me get both my books onto those lists with your early purchases, where it could attract the attention of a whole lot more potential readers.  I truly couldn't have achieved this success without you all, and I'm deeply grateful to you.

I think I'll go and make a celebratory cup of tea.




Peter

13 comments:

cryptical said...

Don't dilly-dally too long with that cup of tea, sequel please!

JD(not the one with the picture) said...

Congratulations! You deserve the success as both books are "cracking good yarns". Keep up the good work.

Rev. Paul said...

It's a ripping yarn, eh what?

Srsly, it's a fantastic follow-up. Congratulations on the success!

TheAxe said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic :)

DaddyBear said...

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy or better writer.

And yes, I'm chomping at the bit for the next installment.

Mike said...

Congrats, Peter!

I bought both just a couple days ago and immediately devoured them.

And yes, more tea...the caffeine will keep you awake and working on #3!

;oP

Morris said...

Haven't had a chance to finish the second one yet, but great so far.

Seriously, Peter, they're great yarns and you deserve the ranking.

Joe Allen said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Bravo sir!

LittleRed1

Jenny said...

very cool! Congratulations! :)

Old NFO said...

Well deserved Peter! ;-)

Motor-T said...

And another one sold!

Buddy said...

Just bought both, haven't kept up with your blog, but that's gonna change!