Thursday, August 11, 2016

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!


My latest book, 'Brings The Lightning', has been published for less than three months;  yet, this morning, it reached the milestone of 100 reader reviews on Amazon.com.  Two-thirds of them have been 5-star reviews, too.




That's far faster than any other book of mine has reached this milestone, and I'm very pleased to see that my first Western is still selling well.  Thanks to all of you who've supported me.  I couldn't have done this without you!

I'm still rather stunned that this took off so fast.  After all, I posted a 'teaser' chapter in April, as an off-hand "See what you think of this" sort of thing.  Your response was immediate:  and what's more, within a matter of days, Castalia House offered me a contract for not just one, but three Westerns.  It's been a wild ride since then!

Thanks again, folks.  I really appreciate all of you.

Peter

9 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

It's the quality of your book that moves us forward, Peter. I haven't read a finer Western in many years.

Old NFO said...

Excellent news! :-)

Jim said...

I thought it was nicely done and historically accurate. Many think of a shoot-em-up as the only kind of western.

TGreen said...

When can I give you some more Ames Archive money? ;)

ÆtherCzar said...

Congratulations! Thanks for the reminder that I have yet to add my five star review to your impressive total.

JWM said...

I came over here from Vox Popoli, and your blog has become one of my favorite daily reads. I just bought "Brings the Lightning" today. I'm on chapter five, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Probably the best literature class I had in college (back in the 80's) was a survey of the American Frontier in Literature. We went from captivity narratives, through Cooper, and on to Owen Wister, Louis Lamore, and Vardis Fisher (among others). Your book would have fit right in. Congratulations.

JWM

Anonymous said...

You and your publisher deserve every bit of this success.

Toastrider said...

I picked it up, even though I'm not typically a Western guy, because I'd enjoyed your Maxwell novels as well as your prison chaplain memoir. Pretty good stuff! Got my father a paperback copy for his birthday, and he enjoyed it as well.

Keep up the good work, sir :)

Bill S said...

I posted a 5-star today. Now, when's the next one coming?