Monday, March 25, 2024

Great deal on Winchester .22 rifles

 

If you're in the market for a .22LR semi-auto rifle, CDNN Sports has a great deal for the next couple of days on the Winchester Wildcat.



I like the Wildcat as, basically, a cheaper clone of the very well-known Ruger 10/22.  It even accepts magazines for the latter rifle, including Ruger's 25-round BX.  It's not as customizable as the 10/22, but as a plinker and all-round useful .22LR rifle, it's more than adequate out of the box, without add-ons.  I've used them to introduce disabled students to rifle shooting, with considerable success.  If you'd like to learn more about them, Shooting Times' review is here, and Guns & Ammo's review is here.

CDNN is offering a discounted price, plus on top of that there's a $25 rebate from Winchester - but the latter is only valid until March 26th, so if you want it, you'll have to move fast.  They have three models available;  click each link to take a closer look.


Wildcat with olive drab green stock:  $174.99 after rebate

Wildcat with Truetimber Strata camo stock:  $174.99 after rebate

Wildcat with black stock and Reflex sight:  $199.99 after rebate


I'm not being compensated in any way by CDNN or Winchester for recommending this:  in fact, they don't know I'm doing so.  I just like to pass on to my readers good deals that I find.  I'm certainly going to take advantage of this one for myself, too.

Remember, you have to order by tomorrow to get the Winchester rebate.

Peter


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. I have gotten a few things from them over the years.
a few years ago, they had Walther P22 pistols for 200 or so. grabbed one and wish I had gotten 2 of them. handy, lightweight and very accurate weapon. they also the best place to find off the wall parts too. stocked up on Sig 716
piston parts on the cheap. even got a spare barrel for 99 bucks. not sure why Sig dropped the piston rifle line, as
they work great for me. when I got it, the store had the Sig 716 and a M1A rifles in stock. after looking over both
I went with the Sig. and with the 18 inch barrel, hitting
bullseyes at 6-800 yards is not a problem. all I think I will need.

BrotherPilot said...

Good little rifles. The sights are a bit hard to adjust...or rather hard to adjust precisely (no clicks, just loosen move tighten). Been seeing these on the line at Project Appleseed for a couple years now.

I don't suggest the 25 or 35 round BX mags. I see lots of malfunctions with these magazines. Stick with the 10 round magazines. You'll swap magazines a bit more often but have 1% of the malfunctions.

That is a good deal on those rifles. They're VERY light, good rifle especially for kids or folks of smaller stature.

Anonymous said...

Cheaper, Peter?
A couple of years ago I bought a 10/22 for about $125 plus tax, at Academy Sports. Maybe it's a regional thing; as the name would imply, I live in TN.
A disclaimer: I haven't checked prices. They may have doubled or tripled in the last couple of years, but if so I'm unaware of it.
--Tennessee Budd

SLee said...

Unfortunately, they do not ship to Washington state (not surprised in the least). The local "discount" sporting goods store is listing these for the list price of $319.

Dan said...

Have one. Decent plinker at a fairly reasonable price for these days.

Don W Curton said...

I purchased a Thompson Center clone of the 10/22. It was a little more expensive than the Wildcat, but it came as a kit with scope and case. And a better looking stock, too. Threaded barrel for attachment of a suppressor if that's important. It was about $20 cheaper than a similar Ruger kit with scope and case.

In any event, the included TC version of the Ruger rotary magazine was crap. It jammed repeatedly. Luckily over the years I've collected 4 or 5 Ruger rotary magazines and they work perfectly. While I enjoy it, I semi-regret not buying the actual Ruger instead. I only saved $20, and that would have been wasted had I needed to buy a new magazine.

Either way, the 10/22 platform is the BOMB. If you got the scratch, get the original though.

audeojude said...

Hate you so much :)
I didn't need to spend money...

so dealing with cdn and shipping, taxes, transfer fee and rebate is way to much hassle.

however Bass Pro Shops has one listed on its website for 229.99 and you can pick it up in a local store with no shipping paid or transfer fee. I have one 21 miles away that I pass by a couple times a week, so win for simplicity.

so after 5% veteran discount and adding back in sales tax it will be 235.00 picked up in 5 to 9 days. Actually same end price or even a dollar or two better. Once you throw in that I hate dealing with rebates and never bother. well its actually much cheaper :)

just an option.. didn't seem to be a special pricing thing either.

Peter said...

Just ordered one of these and tried to submit the rebate using the link they list. No joy, the mentioned rebate is NOT listed on the Winchester rebate site. https://rebates.winchesterguns.com/
What's up with that?? Have sent a note to CDNN Sports and will call them tomorrow. We'll see how it sorts out...

Peter said...

@Peter: It may be your browser. When I tried to access the rebate page using Brave, it did not display - only showed Browning rebates. When I tried again using Safari, it displayed correctly. I suspect it has to do with different browsers' security measures. Try another browser and see if that solves the problem.

Anonymous said...

It is getting harder and harder to use the internet. I have more difficulty with older websites ssl versions with uo to date browsers that no longer support the older ssl. Also being blocked if using a vpn.