Tuesday, March 12, 2024

I would never have suspected it... but I should have known

 

Yesterday I published an article about pickle flavored jelly beans.  The very concept kinda blew my mind.

Several readers hastened to point out that I hadn't seen anything yet.  Apparently jelly beans are merely the latest in a long line of products that have been "adapted" (fictionally or otherwise) to the flavor of pickles.  Here, in no particular order, are the pictures they sent me.  Click any image for a larger view.











Behold, the half of it had not been told unto me . . .

I know for a fact that the gummy pickle spear exists, because I looked it up online.  There's actually quite a variety of them.  However, I suspect the others are mere figments (or should that be pickle-ments?) of someone's imagination - at least, I hope they are!

Does any reader know about other real or faux pickle products?  If so, please let us know in Comments, with a link if possible.

Peter


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Maid Sour Pickle Beer from Martin House Brewing. One of thirteen "flavors" they make.


Anonymous said...

My Granddaughters love Dill pickle flavored Potato chips !

E M Johnson said...

Pickle flavored condoms...🙄

Duke of URL VFM#391 said...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dill+pickle+potato+chips&t=newext&atb=v385-1&ia=images&iax=images

Bootmaker said...

Local tavern here in jerkwater Co. has a couple of big glass
pickle jugs with spigots on them sitting on the backbar.
The first has big theater sized pickles soaking in vodka.
The second is jalapenos soaking in tequila.
$2 a shot, and you pay extra to eat a pickle or a pepper.
but it gets worse...'Pickle Schnapps' is all the rage too.
I'm hoping its just a Co. thing

Bootmaker said...

UPDATE...
Tried this just for fun.
Type pickle into the amazon search
what a hoot

Tsgt Joe said...

Pickle soup. I ate it in a polish restaurant in Hamtramck Mi. IIRC it was a potato soup with chunks of pickle. Also have eaten breaded, deep fried pickles.

Anonymous said...

At a very hot camping event I was offered a pony-glass drink called a Puerto Rican Hooker, which was half PR rum and half chilled dill pickle juice.
I was both so hot and so drunk that I took it. The cold, salty pickle juice was refreshing, but I don't remember much else. :- /
John in Indy

Anonymous said...

For pickle candy as well as other strange flavors check out Archie McPhee https://mcphee.com/collections/candy

Dirty Dingus McGee said...

Pickle back sold at the bottle shop. Take a shot of whiskey, or whatever, and wash it down with a shot of pickle juice. I've seen folk wash down expensive whiskey, Jamesons or expensive scotch whiskey with it.

Jesus wept.

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

There must be a lot of money in dill flavoring.

Can you imagine the looks on the faces of "Old Money" when you tell them your fortune is "Dill Dough"?