Saturday, December 1, 2018

Sometimes the jokes just write themselves


I couldn't help laughing when I read that a man accidentally shot himself . . . in a rather unfortunate location, in more ways than one.

The ... incident occurred at around 6:30 p.m. after a semiautomatic handgun that was being held in the man’s waistband began to slip. The gun, which was not in a holster, discharged as he attempted to reposition it, the man told cops.

The Arizona Republic reported when police officers responded to the gun shot the man was found in the meat section of the Walmart store with “survivable injuries.” Officers said they filed a report for the unlawful discharge of a firearm but it was believed to be accidental.

There's more at the link.

I hope he'll be OK, but still - shot in the groin, in the meat department.  Now, there's a play on words for you!  I doubt his friends will ever let him live that down . . .




Peter

10 comments:

Old NFO said...

Heh, and his friends will be giving him a wide berth too!

tsquared said...

I carry with an empty chamber. It was how I was trained in the military. I also carry at the 4 o'clock position. I would rater shoot myself in the ass than blow off the family jewels.

Professor Badness said...

Tube Steak! Aisle five!

Beans said...

heyjackass.com has a Shot-in-the-Junk-o-Meter along with a Shot-in-the-Ass-o-Meter on its website that tracks crime trends in the wonderful city of Chicago.

Very funny site, in a dark, dark way.

Feather Blade said...

I've posted elsewhere that events like this could be used a public safety advertisements. "Make sure you carry your handgun in a secure holster, or...!"

Jess said...

I'm betting he didn't have a tag either. The wildlife department will fine him for illegal hunting.

TwoDogs said...

Geez. If I'm going to go out carrying a gun I'm going to put on proper pants with a proper gunbelt and stick the gun in a proper f'n holster. What an idjit !

Aesop said...

"Holiday Special - Sausage 1/2 Off!"

Larry said...

I carry in a proper IWB holsterat 2 o'clock, but the muzzle faces down past the point of my hip. I carry with a round in the chamber. That doesn't both me at all, it's reholstering with a round in the chamber that would make me nervous. If the people that make the gadget for the Glock would make one for the Walther PPQ, I'd buy one. As is, I think I'd make a point of dropping the mag, ejecting the chambered round, inserting the spare full mag, then reholstering. I don't trust my adrenaline "enhanced reflexes.

Unknown said...

"Attention, Walmart Maintenance - Urgent-and rather nasty-cleanup needed just now in the Meat Department!"...