Monday, July 2, 2012

Doofus Of The Day #613


Today's award goes to a young man in Germany.

A love-struck young German's romantic plans went awry in a Bavarian village this week after he used fancy paper with a special seal to send a letter to his girlfriend. A neighbour feared it was a bomb and took it to the police.

. . .

When she heard what happened, Pia's mother went to the police to explain that the letter had been sent with romantic intentions. "My mother then told me in the evening that the police had thought it was a letter bomb - apparently the officers looked really scared."

The mother managed to calm the nervous cops, who took no further action.

But Michael was not off the hook - Pia took a dim view of his advances. "I know he meant it nicely, but I have asked him to leave such games in the future," she said.

Michael has apologised to Pia's mother, and added: "I wanted to send the neighbour an apology and a box of chocolates, but who knows what would have happened."

There's more at the link.

Love makes us do funny things, doesn't it? - both funny-peculiar and funny-ha-ha!  I wonder in which category he'll remember this incident?





Peter

No comments: