Sunday, July 22, 2012

"Holsters 4 Heros"


That's the name of a project begun by Evyl Robot, otherwise known as Michael of Michael's Custom Holsters.  A few weeks ago, he wrote on his blog:

More and more often, I have our men and women overseas contacting me to inquire about a custom holster for their issued M9 pistol. I hear the issued holsters are pretty crappy. Anyway, I would really like to be able to not charge these brave people who are serving – I’d like to make them a holster and ship it.

. . .

I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to have to do legally, but my plan is to offer the custom M9 holsters for sale, but treat the troops like their money is useless. I’ll accept donations from anyone who cares to sponsor an M9 holster, and I’ll keep a list of those who are serving that have expressed interest in a holster, and basically have a random draw for the next recipient if the list of interested gets too long. Is that too vague, or too specific? Is there anything I should be thinking of differently about this? Any of you law savvy people know of anything that I need to be careful about with this thing? I want your input. So, bring on the flames. And the advice. And start donating.

There's more at the link, as well as a number of responses from readers.

I think this is a nifty idea!  I'd like to encourage my readers to consider participating in this project.  I know Michael makes great holsters - witness the reviews of them available on his Web site, and endorsements by many bloggers too.

If you'd like to get involved, please click on the link to the article and leave a comment for Michael.  I think our men and women in the sandbox will thank you for it.

Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am cross posting this