I'm looking at economic events over the past week, and seeing all sorts of red lights flashing. Consider these headlines - just a few of many I could have selected:
- Russia's sinking economy becoming a global threat
- Russian Bank Run Could Be ‘in the Cards’
- Fed calls time on $5.7 trillion of emerging market dollar debt
- Swiss National Bank will cut interest rate to minus 0.25%
- North Sea oil industry 'close to collapse'
- Duck And Cover - The Lull Is Breaking, The Storm Is Nigh
Those headlines mostly refer to foreign economies, but if they go down, they'll take ours with them. There's no way to avoid that in today's interconnected, networked world. See in particular the third and sixth articles linked above for a very informative perspective on that reality.
Keep your eye on international economic developments. I think we might be in for a very 'interesting' New Year . . .