Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A happy and holy Christmas to all my readers


I don't have a profound message for Christmas - it has its own.  I wrote about its very special meaning for me back in 2008, and I've never been able to improve on that;  so, if you haven't read about 'The Night Christmas Became Real', please follow that link and do so now.

As for the message of the season, I think Fr. John Foley SJ and his colleagues of the St. Louis Jesuits expressed it very beautifully in this song in 1977.  It can (and does) still move me to tears with its meditative, contemplative, prayerful insight.





May God bless each and every one of you this night with the joy of His presence.

Peter

8 comments:

CenTexTim said...

"May God bless each and every one of you this night with the joy of His presence."

And the same to you and everyone else.

Bob said...

Merry Christmas, Peter.

Morris said...

A Happy Christmas to you and your loved ones, Peter. God bless.

Murphy's Law said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Peter.

MSgt B said...

Merry Christmas Peter!
Pass on my best regards to that cute little bush pilot too.

Differ said...

Merry Christmas Peter,
Clan Differ

Wilson said...

Merry Christmas to you Sir!

Bryn, Isle of Anglesey said...

Nadolig Llawen!