Monday, May 18, 2015

"Forge a New Blade" is published!


My latest book, "Forge a New Blade", Book 2 of the Laredo War trilogy, is now available at Amazon.com in e-book format.




A print edition will be available later this week - I'll post a link as soon as it's released.

This one has been a lot of fun to write.  I enjoy the Laredo plot arc, and I had a lot of fun making this book work across hundreds of light years and well over a year in time.  It was a big challenge to get the timeline straight, so that events in one place affecting one set of characters were 'balanced' with those at another place, affecting other characters.  I also enjoyed linking the Steve Maxwell series with this trilogy, having the character arcs of my two protagonists intersect in ways that will affect both their futures.  (Look for Maxwell Book 5 in August, and Laredo Book 3 in November, both of which will build on this volume.)

Thanks to everyone for your support this year.  To those of you who are bloggers or on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) I'd be very grateful if you'd please pass the word about this new release.  I'm a lone operator, without the marketing resources of a major press to help me, so I'm totally dependent on the support of my friends and fans.  Thank you very much in advance!

Peter

13 comments:

Sean said...

I just bought it, and as soon as I'm done reading it (which may take a while, due to the good painkillers I got prescribed after surgery) I'll be sure to leave review. Honestly, the quality you put into the rest of your writing leaves me no doubt that this will be a good book.

Rich S. said...

Happy dance.

Cedar said...

Bought! Will read & Review on my blog Friday. Thanks, Peter, you always deliver a good story.

TheAxe said...

Happydance :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I will pick it up and look forward to reading it!

I'd suggest that you look into making Audible versions of your books. I listen to Audible books during my commute and most other times driving around town, and I know I am not alone. I'd much prefer to buy them in that format. I have a lot mroe time available to listen than I do to read in the conventional sense.

Joe Allen said...

Awesome! Just bought it. Now I need to re-read the first book to get back up to speed.

Eric Wilner said...

On the Kindle, in the queue... like Joe, I need to review the previous book, and that after I get through a couple of others that have been waiting a while.
So many books, so little time!

John Cunningham said...

I just bought it, now to pound through two books I need to do foe book clubs, then pure fun.

Old NFO said...

Got it, thanks! :-)

Morris said...

Bought, and in the reading queue.

MikeinAppalachia said...

Your book release just received a mention on Instapundit

Inconsiderate Bastard said...

Insty mentioned it yesterday afternoon, my copy is on my Kindle.

Thanks for the hard work, Peter. I can't wait to read it.

LCB said...

On my Kindle...next up after The Autobiography of Ben Franklin of all things. LOL