Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I'm sicker than I thought


Turns out my fever over the past few days hasn't been the flu, but something nastier.  I saw the doctor this morning, and he thinks it probably started late last week as an allergy;  but with my system weakened, 'something nasty' decided to piggyback on top of it, producing the fever and swollen throat glands that have plagued me over the weekend.

I've been shot full of steroids, prescribed an antibiotic and a few other bits and pieces, and told to take it easy.  I've got to see him again in ten days if things don't improve (or if they get worse).

Sorry about the light blogging yesterday and today.  I'll put up something more later this afternoon.  Meanwhile, yours truly is going back to bed.

Peter

10 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

The bug that laid most of Anchorage low a month ago started as viral infection, and then morphed into bacterial after 10 days. Only those who took antibiotics recovered in less than a month. It wasn't fun.

Please take care of yourself & get all the rest you need.

Snoggeramus said...

Anything you see during a hallucination can be used in future stories. :-D

Comrade Misfit said...

Take care of yourself. Blogging can wait.

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear that! and yes, get well, blog later!

Glenn B said...

Feel better and get well sooner than later.

Paul, Dammit! said...

Ugh, get well soon!

Drink plenty of clear liquids. Vodka, gin... they're antiseptic, right?

Dan Lane said...

I think I can get by re-reading some of your books between now and when you get better. Get lots of sleep, drink plenty of fluids, all that jazz.

Take care of you and yours, the internets will be here when you get back- no promises on how we mixed nuts will behave without a calm voice of reason, but I have it on good authority that most of us will survive!

Unknown said...

Get well soon, take plenty of fluids, I find a good single malt is best...

Joe in PNG said...

Bummer, man. Hope you get better quick!

BadgerMedic said...

I had a very similar episode of gland swelling earlier in the year, right after a respiratory infection... It looked like I tried swallowing a golf ball; sore and very tender to the touch. It popped up while I was sleeping one night.
The steroids did help get the swelling down. Here's for a swift recovery sir!