Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wish I'd been in the passenger seat


It seems Lamborghini's Aventador SV recently tackled the Nurburgring as part of development testing for its P Zero Corsa tires.  As Autoblog describes it:

Lambo unveiled its latest Superveloce in Geneva just a couple of months ago, boasting an upgraded version of its free-revving V12, unburdened by 110 pounds of excess weight and fitted with enhanced equipment. The result of all these improvements is 740 horsepower, 509 pound-feet of torque, a 2.8-second 0-62 time, a top speed of 217 miles per hour and a Nordschleife lap time of 6:59.73. No turborchargers, no hybrid assist, no type certification or regulatory loopholes. Just an old-fashioned twelve-cylinder supercar doing what it does best, and trouncing just about everything else in the process.

There's more at the link.

Here's a video of the lap.  I highly recommend watching it in full-screen mode to get a better idea of the speed, particularly over the last long straight stretch (which goes by so fast you forget it's a couple of miles long).





Just listen to that V12 roar!  Music . . .

Peter

3 comments:

LL said...

The 0-60 time is .2/sec slower than my Ducati Diavel - very fast - chain blue lighting fast - for a car. Naturally the Lambo has a much higher top end.

Old NFO said...

Scary fast... NOT for Joe Schmuckatelli... :-)

Angus McThag said...

I've run the Ring in less than seven too!

Wait, MINUTES?

Oh, never mind then...

I paid for two laps in my Passat in '88, I don't think I broke 70 km/h. I wish I'd thought to leave the right blinker on the whole trip.