Monday, August 17, 2009

Doofus Of The Day #257


A tip o' the hat to Brent F., who e-mailed me the link to this story.

Today's Doofus is from Utah.

Charging documents from U.S. District Court allege Todd Waller Markham visited a Washington Federal Savings bank in Murray last week and gave the teller a note demanding cash. The court papers say he was given money and left.

But the reverse side of the note Markham allegedly handed over contained information about him from a drug screening, including his name, Social Security number and birth date.

Authorities say they cross-referenced the photo on Markham's driver's license against surveillance video and arrested him at his apartment.


There's more at the link, including a photograph of the hapless hoodlum.

Well . . . when a crook's so helpful, it'd be a shame not to accommodate him, wouldn't it? I can only imagine the reaction of his fellow inmates in prison when they hear how he got caught! It'll take him years to live that down . . . but then, he's likely to have plenty of time behind bars in which to do so!



Peter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

D'OH! (face slap)

B Woodman
III

Diamond Mair said...

This morning, I got to work @ ~ 0420 - saw a Sheriff's car where I normally park, & a deputy by the double doors -
he flashed his flashlight @ me, so I pulled along the other side of the building - the double doors were NOT secured,
one was leaning, via the lock mechanism, against the other - I went up to the deputy, as a K-9 unit pulled up, & told
him that the owner/person who was to unlock the doors would be approaching from the other side - he thanked me &
then went into the store with the constable w/K-9 - they searched, then had me come in to turn off the alarm - MY
biggest concern was our opening "bank", which was safe in it's regular place - talk about stupid criminals - ALL THAT
WAS TAKEN WERE THE CHEAPEST CIGARETTES - NO phone cards, NO beer, NO "premium brand" cigarettes, NO
"smokeless tobacco" ................................. I'm a little shaky {the ONLY reason I wasn't there earlier was that I
stopped to drop off our water payment} - the alarm was triggered ~ 0410 .......................................

Ah, the joys of small town life ....................................... ;-)


Semper Fi'
DM

Anonymous said...

What if the note you hand the teller while demanding cash is a check written out to cash from your own account?

jbrock said...

I'll bet he tested positive on the next go-round.