Sunday, August 9, 2009

Soldiers Angels needs your help


For those readers who'd like to do more than just verbally support our troops overseas, may I recommend the Soldiers Angels organization? They have many projects running in different areas, all contributing to helping our servicemen and -women in combat zones. Some are deeply personal, one-on-one efforts; others are group activities, reaching out to units as a whole. Some involve the exercise of faith (e.g. chaplains' support), others are 'neutral' in that sense.

To get a good idea of how Soldiers Angels can help someone (and, in this case, start a whole new project as a result of what they learned from his needs), read Major Chuck Ziegenfuss' letter, 'The Day After I Died'. Guaranteed to give you food for thought.

A list of projects and activities undertaken by Soldiers Angels is on their Web site's front page. Take a look. I'm sure you'll find one or more in which you'd like to participate: and there's no need to over-extend yourself to help, either. You can commit as much or as little time, money and resources as you can spare.

As one who's been there, I know what it's like to be 'up the sharp end' with little or no visible support from home. I wish I'd had someone like Soldiers Angels to offer their support when I needed it! Please consider helping them to do so for as many of our personnel as possible.

Thanks.

Peter

2 comments:

Greta Perry said...

Thank you for your service. We are here for you if you ever need anything and thank you for your service. Contact me any time! greta@soldiersangels.org & check out the La sit http://soldiersangelsla.org

Wayne Conrad said...

Comparing the price of the backpack-for-wounded-soldiers to its contents, I have to think that any quartermaster would be pleased with the generous contents and the frugal cost.

Peter, Thank you for bringing this organization to our attention. I've been looking for it even though I didn't know it existed.