Friday, August 21, 2009

To the edge of space


James May, of the BBC program Top Gear, recently had an opportunity to fly to the edge of space in a U-2 reconnaissance aircraft. Here's a video clip of what he saw and experienced.





Awesome indeed! I'd love to experience flight at that altitude. Perhaps, before I die, I may win the lottery . . . that's the only way I'll be able to afford a quick sub-orbital trip aboard one of Virgin Galactic's spacecraft, or one of its competitors. Here's hoping, anyway!

Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, if you'd like a small taste of what its like, look up your local soaring club. Flying is much, much more enjoyable when it is an actual experience and not just an expensive bus ride.

Jim

Old NFO said...

I have been lucky enough to get to 50,000+ in an F4, and I've ALWAYS wanted to go back!