Thursday, May 10, 2018

So much for emotional support animals


Considering our recent discussion of emotional support animals (ESA's), I couldn't help laughing at yesterday's Pearls Before Swine comic strip.  Click the image for a larger version at the comic's Web page.




I still think the best ESA story I've ever heard of comes from the boss of Dreadnaught Industries here in Texas.  He registered a longhorn steer as his emotional support animal!  I'd pay money to watch the reactions of airline employees as he tried to take that on board a plane with him . . .




Peter

4 comments:

Eric Wilner said...

My emotional-support dolphin is much more cuddly. Doesn't eat people hardly at all, and he's quite cooperative.
Getting his travel habitat onto the plane is somewhat of a problem. And then there's the weight of a few hundred cubic feet of water. Would you believe, pilots complain about a mere 16 tons of carry-on luggage?
The airlines are responsible for accommodating my needs, dang it!

Javahead said...

I'm going to leave old Texas now
They've got no use for the long-horn cow!

They've plowed and fenced my cattle range
And the people there are all so strange!

I'll take my horse, I'll take my rope
And hit the trail upon a lope!

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Peter;

My employer had to put restrictions on the "Emotional Support Animals" when a dog bit a neighboring passenger. I consider the emotional support animal to be the latest craze, the real service animals are trained to handle strange environments, whereas the"ESA" have issues adapting and defecating all over the place.

Alex said...

In my defense, I also registered my wife as an ESA using a picture of a baby orangutan...yes, I wonder why she puts up with me too...