Monday, August 15, 2011

Carnage on cycles, revisited


Back in March I put up a video clip of one corner at the 2011 mountain bike championship race put on by the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) organization. The carnage among the competitors was quite spectacular, and very funny (at least for spectators!). If you didn't see it at the time, I highly recommend clicking over to the earlier post to have a look.

I've just found a longer look at the race from the same Vimeo contributor. The second half of the video clip consists largely of interviews with the three top male and female finishers, but the first half is interesting, showing the course as a whole. Someone certainly had fun designing it! See for yourself.







I'm afraid that would have been beyond me even during my (much) younger and uninjured days!





Peter

4 comments:

AndrewC said...

Impressive amount of skill from these riders. I've thought about taking up mountain biking, but it just looks too painful!

joe said...

I'd like to see a helmet cam of that course...

Old NFO said...

I'd bet they were ALL hurting afterward... :-)

Ah, to be young and invulnerable again :-)

trailbee said...

Ditto, Old NFO!