Sunday, February 15, 2009

Doofus Of The Day #164 (a belated award)


Today's Doofus should actually have received his award in the 1930's, when this video (film, back then) was made. Unfortunately, I hadn't been born then, and my predecessors forgot to make the award: so I guess it's up to me to correct the situation.

Would you believe this dumbass - a manufacturer of bulletproof glass - actually had his wife hold a pane of the stuff in front of her, for him to demonstrate its effectiveness???





I guess if it had shattered, or he'd missed below it, that would have been grounds for divorce - if she'd survived!

Sheesh . . .

Peter

2 comments:

Kevin Reynolds said...

Dear Bayou Renaissance Man:

I must disagree with you on this. This man is not "testing" anything. This is P.R. Back in the 30's, this is what people demanded as proof a thing worked. You will find many such displays that happened back then. This man is no doofus. He is simply proving a his product in the required manner.

Peter said...

Kevin, if so, I'm glad I didn't live in that period! The thought of anyone shooting at a spouse or loved one like that is too ghastly to contemplate . . .