Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Prayers and support needed, please


Fellow blogger CoolChange, writing at Tranquility Lost, informs us that his wife's cancer has reached the end stages, and she's dying at home.  He's there with her, and administering her pain medication as needed.  It's a matter of days now.

He says he's found a measure of peace through all this, but it's still going to be awful hard for him when she's gone.  Please leave a kind thought or a condolence at his place, and keep them both in your prayers if you're the praying sort.

I've no idea if he and his wife have any religious faith, or what it may be, but since I'm Christian, I hope they'll allow me to pray this for her, from my own tradition.

May Christ, Who was crucified for your sake,
free you from excruciating pain.
May Christ, Who died for you,
free you from the death that never ends.
May Christ, the Son of the living God,
set you in the ever green loveliness of His Paradise,
and may He, the true Shepherd
recognize you as one of His own.
May you see your Redeemer face to face,
and, standing in His presence forever,
may you see with joyful eyes
Truth revealed in all its fullness.

Peter

2 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Having just watched my father go through this, I understand what he's going through. He'll have my prayers.

lotta joy said...

I've been a reader/commenter on his blog for a long time. It takes me by surprise to know how quickly this took her down. The speed alone has to have them both staring at sheer terror.