Thursday, October 9, 2014

My wife is mean to me


There are several powerboats running back and forth off the beach, towing large parasails with two or three people slung beneath them.  Sometimes they're quite low off the water, other times they're several hundred feet high.

Miss D. just put her foot down.  She refuses to let me stand knee-deep in the sea holding a shotgun in the ready position, while she waves a sign at the boat pilots saying "Pull!"




Peter

(For those who don't get the reference, it's a command from the sport of clay pigeon shooting instructing the operator to release a target from the trap.)

15 comments:

Warlock Sundance said...

I almost died laughing...

Cedar said...

I just read this to Sanford, who wants to stand next to you with a matching gun. I'm with Miss D, however... I'd prefer the pair of you stay out of prison!

Al said...

I am glad to see that the vacation has not reduced your levels of onry. Enjoy every moment, my friend.
Al

zdogk9 said...

Seems narrow minded of her.

The Raving Prophet said...

Yeah, my wife won't let me ask the grocery store if I can engage their "community room" for a Halloween evening reading of the Necronomicon in an attempt to wake the Dread Overlord Cthulhu.

These women... so wonderful in their own way, but there's so much they won't let us do.

Raptor said...

I laughed so hard I literally fell out of my chair!

Home on the Range said...

bwahahahahahahaha!

I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Glad you two are having a grand time.

Anonymous said...

That was just frickin' awesome.

Paul said...

Hee Hee. My wife would not let do that either.

Anonymous said...

I do believe the only reason some of us are not serving jail time is because we married smart women.

tweell said...

Ah, but you're not the king! Only the king can do that! It's good to be the king.

Inconsiderate Bastard said...

You're thinking too small, Peter. Use a Flakvierling 38, and you can work the problem from the beach, right next to the rolling beer cart, without having to stand in salt water.

Dirk said...

I'm surprised at you! Risking dropping your nice gun in that nasty, corrosive salt water, with all that suspended sand? No wonder she said no!

Anonymous said...

Unless you already spent the bucks on a stainless steel shotgun, or at least one of those nickel plated Mossbergs... At any rate, what Dirk said.

Jean

Sam L. said...

Ya, das var Funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnney!!