Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An honest politician at last!


I'm sure you're as sick of politicians' promises as I am. Well, I have refreshing news - here's one politician who guarantees to keep his promises!

A Croatian politician has been swept to power after promising voters he would rip them off at every opportunity.

Bare-faced Josko Risa was voted in as mayor in Prolozac with a landslide victory using the slogan: "All for me - nothing for you."

"I just told them the truth. This town will be like my family business. If I get a little something, so do they," he explained.

Locals who backed Risa said they would be happy to have him as mayor, despite his bizarre campaign pledge.

Ivan Vjisnic, 57, said: "We know what we're letting ourselves in for.

"We're going to get ripped off no matter who takes over. At least he's being honest and up front about it. And he has said that if things get better for him then they will get better for us."


Hard to argue with that, isn't it? Heck, I'm so fed up with lying politicians that I'd probably have voted for him myself, on principle!

Peter

No comments: