Monday, May 11, 2009

I think he needs help . . .


There's a new record on the books - although I can't for the life of me imagine why. A Texas man claims to have received no less than 1,197 body piercings in a single day! He didn't want to stop there, either. He said, "I made it to 1,200 and my body was getting ready to shut down. I had no idea what I was getting into."

Precisely why he (or anyone else) would think it a good idea, or worthwhile, to have 1,197 body piercings in a single day wasn't discussed.

Readers, is this masochism, exhibitionism or just plain lunacy? Please discuss in Comments.





Peter

11 comments:

Epijunky said...

You know...

It's lunacy. As far as I'm concerned the guy needs to be committed.

Anonymous said...

It is his body to mangle at his cost and discretion; so long as I don't have to pay for the ride to the hospital to get a gallon of blood and a pair of pliers. That said I think it is a pretty bizarre thing to do, but people will do nearly anything for attention, it seems.

Jim

Anonymous said...

"is this masochism, exhibitionism or just plain lunacy?"

All three.

----------------
Morris

Julie said...

brb after i check out the link to see how it is possible to have 1197 piercings in a single person's body ....

Julie said...

right, okay, got that, back again ... um i'm voting for lunacy.

Justin Buist said...

The hook line from a new country song popped into my head after reading that:

"God is great, beer is good... and people are crazy."

Larry said...

Well...at least he will NEVER run out of a place to put his keys!!

LabRat said...

Yup. All three.

Jerry said...

I bet he needed that like another hole in the head.

Oh, never mind.

Anonymous said...

All three plus a near fatal case of dumbassery into the bargain.

Jeez.

...And why is my word verifications "baracks?" Does Obama have to get his mitts on EVERYTHING, damnit?!

--Wes S.

Anonymous said...

I hope to heaven he never, ever needs a CT scan or MRI. The technologists will take one look and flee from the thought of removing all that before he gets near the magnets.
LittleRed1