Thursday, June 4, 2009

Doofus Of The Day #222


Today's Doofus is a farmer in Croatia.

A Croatian farmer called police when he forgot where he'd stashed his £34,000 [US $55,000] nest egg - only for it to turn up under a chicken.

Forgetful Ivan Rasperger, 73, knew he'd hidden his hoard somewhere around the family farm in Medjimurje but couldn't remember where.

But his wife Katarina called off the police search after she found the cash under a nest while collecting eggs from the hen house.

"I had it inside the house and then one day I thought it wasn't that safe in case we ever got burgled so decided to put it somewhere on the farm," Mr Rasperger said.

"I hid it and then forgot about it and when I went to check on it the other day I couldn't remember where it was.

"We turned the whole farm upside down looking for it and in the end we found it. The birds did a good job though. It was all perfectly intact, and very warm," he added.


What can I say?

  • Well, I suppose that's a perfectly logical place to keep one's nest egg!
  • At least it wasn't a poultry sum . . .
  • I'm glad fowl play wasn't involved - oh, but wait, it was!


Feel free to add your own punny contributions in Comments.



Peter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Next time he won't put all his eggs in one basket......ba dum cha