Monday, June 1, 2009

Twitter twits exposed!


I've fallen in love with a newly-discovered Web site, 'Tweeting Too Hard: Where Self-Important Tweets Get The Recognition They Deserve'.

According to the site:

What is this?

There’s always that person at a party that is trying way too hard. Well, Twitter is a party and those people are here, too. Actually, it could be you.

Tweeting Too Hard is the place to submit, vote on, and chuckle self-righteously at tweets that are just too much. Self-importance, pretense, braggadocio—it’s all here and it’s laid bare for the scoffing.

We all know someone who is due for a good-natured tweet-roast. So get to it. Click the big green submit button and make the world a better place.

Our Mantra

We acknowledge the twivial nature of ourselves and of the Twitterverse. We pay our dues to the twansience of our thoughts and our existence. And we do not twolerate egotism or pretense. Think before you tweet. Welcome to TTH.


I love it!

Here are some examples of today's top Tweets:

  • 228 this morning. Rock-hard abs. Looking good. I'd f*** myself if I were flexible enough. - @mike29401
  • Mondays must suck for poor people! - @MikeyBoyBrown
  • The people who say I'm arrogant and shallow don't see me when I'm at home with my wife. Did I mention that she's a former swimsuit model? - @kochschwinger
  • New followers, pls. read several pgs. of my tweets—I work in innovation, social media, exec coaching & am also a multidisciplinary artist. - @CreativeSage
  • With so many out there I think we need a level above "social media expert." My new title is "social media saviour and new media messiah." - @ryananderson
  • Off to lunch with the ex soon. My breakups are always dramatic but then my ex's always become my BFFs. Guess no one can quit me. :0) - @efriedland


And some of their All-Time Top Tweets:

  • it makes me sad, the more I have success the more people don't like me.... - @iamsammis
  • fan belt light came on in the 911 so now I'm driving the Cayenne Turbo S - the backup, backup car. Trying not to think about the Tesla... - @joshuabaer
  • OMG i was saying how i couldn't afford the gas to fly daddy's jet to the riviera this summer, and this barista totally rolled her eyes at me - @babesmcphee
  • I love how some dudes hate me for dating their fantasy girl, as if they were going to if I hadn't. - @JohnCMayer
  • I make multi-million $ decisions on a regular basis -- why is it soooo difficult to decide what to do with my hair? - @MKReflections


And perhaps the ultimate expression of self-absorption (and expecting others to be just as absorbed in, with and over everything about you):

  • ok poop is coming out. - @leto75


And just how, precisely, does one Tweet a response to that???





Peter

4 comments:

Strings said...

>And just how, precisely, does one Tweet a response to that???<

"No shit"?

Unknown said...

Or maybe, "OMG are you still there?"

Anonymous said...

I'd think a simple "TMI, dude" would suffice...

...although I like Strings' response, too...

(By strange coincidence: my verification word is "eurryn." Which sounds like something that came out before the poop...

--Wes S.

Anonymous said...

that must not leave much to look at