Friday, July 20, 2018

Wincing in anticipation . . .


I'm scheduling this post before leaving the house, on the way to a podiatrist to follow up on the foot problem I wrote about some weeks ago.  That led to four toenails being removed.  Unfortunately, they've not been healing very well, and a minor infection has caused more issues.

The podiatrist told me last week that the problem seems to be something called a "pyogenic granuloma", a sort of lump or growth in and around the site of the former nail(s), where the flesh isn't healing properly.  If my toes haven't sorted themselves out, he'll have to cut it/them out and cauterize the site(s).  As you can imagine, I'm not looking forward to that at all!  I've had enough pain during and after the nail removal procedure that I really don't want any more.

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me.  I'll see if I can limp home afterwards, and let you know how it went.

In anticipation . . . OW!

Peter

1 comment:

SiGraybeard said...

You know, removing nails used to be considered torture, right?

Why should we think that's changed if you get local anesthetic? That stuff wears off in a couple of hours but the pain doesn't.