Wednesday, October 29, 2008

World's worst boxer?


From the Daily Mail in England:

The world’s worst boxer has finally thrown in the towel after 256 defeats.

Peter Buckley, 39, has lost more fights than any other boxer and says that his next, number 300, will be his last.

‘I’ve had my eye on the 300 mark for a while, and it’s a little milestone I want to achieve, but I don’t want to fight on,' he said.




The Birmingham-born Welterweight was honoured with a special ringwalk and presentation before his 200th fight in April 2003 at the MEN Arena in Manchester.

His final fight will take place at the Aston Events Centre in his hometown.

'I don’t know what I’ll do when it’s all over on Friday, but I’d love to stay in boxing in one capacity or another,” he told the Guardian.

‘Boxing has been good to me over the years. When I was a youngster I was in trouble with the police, a really wild kid. But the sport has given me a focus in life.’


Err . . . y'know, somewhere on the way to 256 defeats, I think most of us would have got the idea that it's time to change the focus!



Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The man has no fear.

The Safety Officer said...

He may be a liberal who just keeps doing the same old stuff over and over and over; pausing occasionaly to get new gloves and shorts.