Saturday, October 18, 2008

A loo with a view?


The Daily Mail has published a series of photographs of the toilets with the best views in the world. Whilst I imagine that one's concentration would be upon one's . . . er . . . bodily functions, rather than the view, while seated on the 'throne', they certainly look interesting!

Boston Bay High Camp, near Johannesburg Mountain, North Cascades National Park, Washington State, USA:




Base of Spider Rock, Canton de Chelly, Arizona, USA:




The Valley of Longevity, Ecuador:




Tasman Glacier, New Zealand:




Mount Sinai, Egypt:




Guard Tower, Alcatraz Island, off San Francisco, California:




Surrounded on three sides by an aquarium at the Mumin Papa Cafe, Akashi, Japan:




There are more 'loos with views' at the link.

I'd be a bit cautious about flushing that last one - I'd be afraid of getting a few snapping turtles or piranhas from the aquarium in rather too close proximity to my nether regions! And those toilets on top of mountains . . . what happens if you run out of paper? It's a bit of a trek to the local store to get more, isn't it?

The convenience pictured on top of Mount Sinai reminds me of a joke we used to tell at the seminary.

Q: What's the first mention of laxatives in the Bible?

A: When Moses took two tablets and headed for the hills!




Peter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That too shall pass.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could handle the aquarium toilet. Being watched by things with no eyelids would tighten some sphincters, I'm thinking.

phlegmfatale said...

Love the alcatraz tower of poo, with its supports spackled in bird poop. Rather poetic. Why does the uncaged bird poop on a cage?

Anonymous said...

you know...I think I may have used the first one. Gotta love those backcountry boxes they give us in these parts. Keeps you from having to dig your own hole.