Saturday, November 3, 2012

Doofus Of The Day #653


Today's winner is from Detroit, Michigan.

Leonard Turner, a 47-year-old former middleweight boxer, had pulled into the [gas] station to put air in his tire ... he was approached by a gun-wielding man later identified as Brian Hardman of Detroit.

"I was squatting near the tire and he comes up and says, 'I ain't trying to rob you — but give me what you got, and tell that (expletive) to get out of the car," Turner testified during Hardman's preliminary exam in 36th District Court.

"I grabbed his arm and threw him to the ground," Turner said, adding that he was able to grip Hardman's trigger finger and force him to discharge the gun.

"After I shot the gun off until it was empty, I grabbed it from him," Turner said. "He got up and said, 'Give me my gun back; I got a CCW.' Then I hit him with the gun."

There's more at the link.

Sounds like what shooting instructor Massad Ayoob describes as "a sudden and acute failure of the victim selection process"!





Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Give me my gun back; I got a CCW.'

Well, if you did, you won't anymore.