You'll remember my bleg for Tamara from yesterday morning. If you missed it, please click through and read it before continuing here, as it contains background information.
Back already? OK, here goes.
A number of bloggers have come together with fund-raising ideas to help Tam. In no particular order, they are:
- Old NFO will donate one of his Colt Diamondback revolvers in .38 Special, and Michael will hand-craft a custom holster for it.
- Also via Old NFO, gunsmith Joe Spear will hand-make a replica of a medieval 'hand-gonne' or hand cannon. You can learn more about his first such gun here, and watch a video of it being fired. It's a whole lot of fun!
- Also via Old NFO, the Atomic Nerds have chipped in a gift certificate from Brownells.
- Also via Old NFO, the lovely Phlegm will offer a hand-made necklace.
- Dennis at Dragon Leatherworks will donate a Viper holster.
- Angus McThag will donate an AR-15 lower receiver.
- Zercool will donate one of two Dragon Leatherworks holsters (winner's choice).
- The owner of Rimfire Designs, who blogs at Life In 3D, will donate two sets of grips for a Colt 1911 or Browning Hi-Power pistol.
All of the prizes involve making a donation to Tam's tip jar (as described in my earlier post), then putting an identifying word onto the PayPal receipt and forwarding a copy to a designated person or address. Details of what to do to enter for each prize are on the Web sites linked above - follow each link for more information.
I'm very grateful to all concerned for stepping up to the plate for Tamara. How about it, readers?