Friday, October 24, 2008

A day in pleasant company


Not much blogging tonight, I'm afraid. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Ambulance Driver and Xavier arrived this afternoon, to join Lawdog and Tole. We spent the day unpacking thousands of my books and stuffing them into bookcases, telling stories of murder, mayhem and mishaps in the medical, police and chaplaincy field, and generally having a great time.

Tonight we all went out to Cajun Landing, one of the best Cajun restaurants I've encountered anywhere, and stuffed ourselves on the finest Louisiana cooking. Stomachs protesting comfortably, we rolled homeward, where I've just introduced my friends to a couple of South African liqueurs. We're currently having a "show-and-tell" of assorted armament. One almost hopes some dumbass chooses tonight to break in here. With so many heavily-armed and well-trained "gunnies" in residence, things should get very interesting for him, very quickly! In fact, we're particularly well equipped to deal with him. We can all shoot at him; a paramedic and a nurse are on hand to patch him up; a cop's here to arrest him; and a retired pastor's available to hear his confession!



My friends will take their leave tomorrow morning, far too soon for my taste. Still, we've had a good visit, albeit brief. Say a prayer for them all for safe traveling on their homeward journeys.

Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to get see old friends.
May God see them safely home is my prayer also.

Anonymous said...

"In fact, we're particularly well equipped to deal with him. We can all shoot at him; a paramedic and a nurse are on hand to patch him up; a cop's here to arrest him; and a retired pastor's available to hear his confession!"

Bwahahaha! Quip of the week..

Btw, word verify was 'braka' lol.

HollyB said...

Having been in the company of 4 of the 5 "gentlemen" you mention...I AM envious!
Any one of the 4 I know is entertaining, but all of y'all together would be amusement overload. I'd be massaging my cheeks from ll the laughter and smiles.