Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An aerobatic cartoon tribute


I'm sure many readers are familiar with the cartoon adventures of Asterix the Gaul. The strip is 50 years old in 2010, and celebrations have been held in France to mark the occasion. One of them was dreamed up by the French Air Force's Patrouille de France precision aerobatics team. They set up a formation flying routine for the occasion, and added a few graphic designers to Photoshop their smoke displays into a fitting tribute to Asterix. The video clip below shows how it worked.







Looks like a lot of fun was had by all concerned!





Peter

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Niced tribute :-)

cybrus said...

Well done! Precision flying is always a treat to watch.

MrGarabaldi said...

When I was a kid living over in Eorope in the 70's I loved Asterix and the rest of the Gauls and the hell they created for the Romans in the garrisons surrounding their village. I still have several of the books in German and English. My son is starting to read them so I believe that he will also be a fan.