Thursday, November 11, 2010

Doofus Of The Day #414

Today's somewhat charred Doofus is from Australia.

An Australian man learned the hard way not to urinate on a transformer when he was electrocuted and almost died.

The unnamed man, a Gold Coast graffiti vandal, ended up with severe burns on almost half his body after he and three associates snuck into the Coomera railway power station.

At some point he received a potentially lethal shock of 22,000 volts that has left him hospitalised for the foreseeable future.

Ignoring signs reading 'Danger: High Voltage', the vandals cut through wire fences and scaled the transformer in the rain around midnight on 15 October.

While he was horribly injured, the current may have partially bypassed his body due to his rain-soaked clothes, The Courier-Mail reports.

His companions told ambulance workers the man was injured when he urinated on the transformer.

There's more at the link.

I should think that having 22,000 volts arc to ground through his private parts won't have done much for his sex life, or his future ability to reproduce. Perhaps he should be nominated for a Darwin Award as well?



Comrade Misfit said...

I suspect that an idiot such as that has to be killed in order to be in the running for a Darwin Award. He might rate an Honorable Mention, though

Old NFO said...

Yep honorable mention... And the gene pool got a tad deeper :-)

Anonymous said...

Not necessarily. He just has to remove himself from the gene pool.