Thursday, November 1, 2012

Not a marriage made in heaven?


As a (retired) pastor, I've done my share of relationship and marriage counseling.  However, I never came across a relationship problem quite like this!  The Irish Examiner reports:

Jian Feng filed a lawsuit against his wife in May after she gave birth to the couple’s daughter.

Upon seeing the "incredibly ugly" baby girl, he thought there was no way she could be the child of him and his "beautiful" partner, and initially concluded his wife had been having an affair. "I married my wife out of love, but as soon as we had our first daughter, we began having marital issues. Our daughter was incredibly ugly, to the point where it horrified me."

When DNA tests proved the child was his, it then emerged that before Mr Feng had married his wife, she had undergone $100,000 ... worth of plastic surgery in South Korea where the decisive knife of a surgeon, not the gene pool, crafted her flawless bone structure.

. . .

Mr Feng has since been awarded $120,000 from his wife, as a sympathetic judge agreed she had tricked him into marrying her under "false pretenses".


There's more at the link.

I don't think I'm the world's worst counselor, but even so, I haven't the faintest idea how I'd approach that mess!





Peter

4 comments:

Jess said...

That must be a very, very ugly baby. Still, it's best the daughter is never exposed to the "fine" example of humanity her father has become.

Old NFO said...

Oh WOW... That is one heckuva story...

Anonymous said...

Your potential mother-in-law is the best representation of what your wife will both look and act like. Choose wisely.
-Steve_in_CA

Shrimp said...

I think I'd start by slapping the father. And I think I'd finish by slapping the father. Yeah, I know violence doesn't solve anything, but it would sure feel good.