Saturday, January 26, 2013

Huffington Post confirms my claim


A few weeks ago I suggested a course of action to the NRA and other gun-rights organizations.  Briefly, I said that if the Democratic Party and the current Administration want to attack the things we hold dear - including our Second Amendment rights, among others - we need to counterattack by going after what they hold dear - political power.  I pointed out that a Republican plan to revise how electoral college votes are allocated could do precisely that, and suggested it might be a good way to retaliate against the gun-grabbers.  (I also emphasized that this plan was not primarily intended to support the Republican Party, which I also distrust - it was intended to punish the Democratic Party for its attack on our rights.)

I said at the time:  "If that plan had been in effect across the country last year, we would now be preparing for the inauguration of President Romney."  Now the Huffington Post confirms that I was right.

Had the 2012 election been apportioned in every state according to these new Republican plans, Romney would have led Obama by at least 11 electoral votes.

. . .

Within the 26 states that Obama took, Romney won a plurality of votes in 99 congressional districts.

Obama, on the other hand, won only 32 congressional districts in red states.

There's more at the link.

Anybody listening in Fairfax, VA?  We can't win if we fight this battle only on our own ground.  We need to take the fight to the enemy - and right now, I can't think of a better way to do that, or one holding out such potentially serious consequences and penalties for them.  Even better, it's non-violent and entirely legal!

Peter

No comments: