Thursday, March 13, 2008

Berkeley, Code Pink and hatred exposed


I'm sure many of you have read (hopefully with the same disgust and nausea that I felt) of the pusillanimous, brain-dead, dontopedalogical* attitudes displayed by the City Council of Berkeley, CA and the organization known as Code Pink towards a US Marine recruiting station in that city. If you haven't, a quick Internet search will soon tell you all you need to know.

Lest the above fail to make my own position clear, I think the US Marines are the finest large-scale organization of fighting men and women in the world, bar none. They've fought and died so that we might live in freedom in this great nation, and they deserve our respect, gratitude and admiration. Thus, when I see attitudes (and actions) like those displayed in Berkeley I tend to get a red mist in front of my eyes and long for simpler days, when tarring and feathering was still an option. (In the case of the Berkeley moonbats I'd add chili oil and sulphuric acid to the tar, just to drive the point home.)

Be that as it may, the Daily Show has a tongue-in-cheek look at these fatheads. Enjoy.





(Hat-tip to Diamond Mair on the US Marines Forum for the link.)

In related news, a bunch of moonbats calling themselves the Pittsburgh Organizing Group are planning a protest against a recruiting station. I absolutely refuse to pollute my blog with a direct link to these idiots (you can do a search on the organization name if you wish), but here's what they say in their announcement:

On Wednesday, March 19, POG will be holding a torch-lit march to a modern day castle of abominations—our local military recruiting station. If the station remains open, we intend to evict it and everything inside of it, occupy the location, and transform it into something useful for the community. We'll also be bringing a movable cage in which to confine military recruiters until they no longer pose a danger to our friends and neighbors.


I'd like to thank these whackos for telling us ahead of time what they're planning. May I suggest to any veterans in the Pittsburgh area who are reading this that the time has come for action? We can't ask our servicemen and -women to act, as they'd doubtless get into some sort of trouble with their Commanding Officers for not acting in the spirit of political correctness: but I suspect that we veterans are less bothered by that little fact.

I'd love to see a group of suitably prepared veterans standing by near each and every recruiting center in the Pittsburgh area next Wednesday, ready for action. If the Pittsburgh Organizing Group should show up . . . well, guys and gals, let's show them how much veterans appreciate their attitudes and actions. I hereby undertake to fly up to Pittsburgh myself, at my own expense, to join the fun and games if such a group can be organized, and I invite other veteran readers to do likewise.

While we're at it, why not show recruiters in that city how we feel about them with suitable gifts? I suggest chocolates, donuts and similar edibles might go down well - and in order to prove to them that we're not the opposition (and that the food's not poisoned) we could take coffee along and eat and drink with the guys and girls inside. That would put us in a very convenient position to deal with "intruders in the wire", so to speak.

Peter

* The term 'dontopedalogy' is derived from the Greek 'donto', meaning 'mouth', and 'pedal', meaning 'feet'. Basically, it means that every time a person opens his mouth he puts his foot in that orifice.

8 comments:

Harrison said...

What an embarrassment. AHM used to live in Pgh. 'Course the economy and weather were so bad she got out and moved to CA. Got outta' there too and headed east for VA. Way things are goin' in this country, we're gonna' run outta' places to move to.

Murphy said...

Hmm, planning to evict, occupy the offices of, and imprison... Marines (probably combat vets, themselves). Not only that, but announcing your plans for all the (sane) world to hear.

Wouldn't it be easier & quicker to step in front of a truck or something?

Think I need to go burn off some (more) Hippy Rage.

Diamond Mair said...

A Marine recruiter here in the Houston area mentioned something to me that I was unaware of - if the idjits cross the threshold of a recruiting office, they are, in fact & in deed, on federal government property, committing trespass on the federal government ...................... kinda like the status embassies are SUPPOSED to enjoy in host countries ......................
Semper Fi'
DM

Anonymous said...

i would like to be able to draw and quarter the code pinko's

Anonymous said...

Why can't those hippies have their "protest"on a weekend when I could drive to Pittsburgh just to help send them back to their ratholes? Damn.

I WILL enjoy the pictures of vets beating the HELL out of those "protesters" though!

-- chicopanther

Larry said...

You said it Murphy. The Marines I worked with were more than capable of putting a hurtin' for certain on anyone that would try something like this.
And they were Airdales.

Cameron said...

I'm actually planning on bringing some kind of gift card for food for a local Marine Recruiting Station. I talked to a co-worker who used to be a Recruiter and he said that would be a better approach than actually bringing food.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Pittsburgh is out of range for me. If I could get there, I'd take leave from work to come and show my love for my fellow Marines and my country.